Churchill Square cleaning operative
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Cleaning Operative
REPORTING TO: Cleaning Manager
LOCATION: Churchill Square Shopping Centre Brighton
HOURS: 40 hours per week
PAY RATE: £10.39 PER HOUR
ROLE OVERVIEW AND PURPOSE
ABM Facility Services UK are looking to recruit Cleaning/Waste Operative’s on a full-time permanent basis for a high-profile Shopping Centre in Brighton. The successful candidate will need to display the ability to work as part of a team in a physically demanding, fast paced environment that provides janitorial and waste removal services for the client. Our teams consist of ambitious and motivated individuals who contribute to making a fun and friendly working environment.
- Working within our great janitorial and waste removal team in a Shopping Centre environment, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently.
- Duties will include the handling of waste generated on site via the approved waste streams, operating compactors, and ballers ensuring that this is ready for transportation.
- Driving an electric vehicle, scrubber dryer and stacker.
- Also may include providing a high janitorial service both internally and externally in welfare areas, such as:
- washrooms, break rooms and the canteen, social areas, such as: reception, offices and the locker room and production areas, such as the main production floor.
- The use of both walk-behind and ride-on sweepers and scrubber-dryers, along with other cleaning equipment. Ensuring that all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and in a safe working order.
- Being responsive to any spillages and callouts from the clients on site team.
- Communicate effectively with your team and line manager – we all work together.
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) and comply with Health & Safety legislation and policies.
- The post holder will need to be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and exhibit great communication skills and be able to confidently communicate with their team members and those of the client.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo full training on all cleaning methods and cleaning equipment.
- Full training will be provided.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Satisfactory response from Disclosure Board at a basic level and knowledge of health and safety requirements or a willingness to learn.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to quickly adapt to a very busy operational environment.
- A reliable and flexible approach to work.
- This is an active role that requires you to be physically fit.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com