JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Retail Liaison Manager
Property and Asset Management
OBJECTIVE OF ROLE
To establish and manage productive relationships between retailers & head offices, the shopping centre management team and onsite staff, the managing agent, asset manager and any city centre retailers. To collect and analyse trading intelligence, centre performance statistics and other data and ensure that this information is reported regularly to all parties. This should be communicated to the Centre Director and marketing function in depth to ensure that suitable responses are developed to support retailers and the centre.
Delivery will be in line with JLL best practice standards to ensure the highest standards of management to the Centre.
The Retail Liaison Manager will report to and seek direction from the Centre Director, taking guidance as appropriate and also work in partnership with the Retail Marketing Executive.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Management, collection & knowledge of all data and information regarding centre retailer performance on Retail Report
- Manage and monitor the flow of key indicators from retailers & understanding their business needs
- Desktop research of national retailer performance
- Establish a productive relationship with retailers, area managers and head offices to provide them with a regular informative review of trading performance
- Provide the Centre Director and team with periodic reporting of retail performance and centre statistics, present the monthly trading performance to the client and leasing agents
- Collaborate with the centre marketing team and retailers to develop consumer facing marketing responses to trading performance
- Generally manage centre communication with the retailers, manage the quarterly retailer meetings as direct by the Centre Director, invite guest speakers and encourage attendance and support the quarterly newsletter and other communication documents for store managers and staff in partnership with the centre marketing department
- Encourage retailer participation in centre initiatives through the marketing team and assist the marketing team to collect feedback after events, attend centre marketing events as directed by the Centre Director
- Fulfil the post of Duty Manager on a regular basis and all related responsibilities including weekend working on a rota basis
- Ensure the retailer handbook is kept updated working with all centre departments
- Monitor the retail comings and goings within the city and the regional competition
- Monitor the retailers for lease compliance and champion core trading hours
- Manage the retailer inductions
- Manage the centre’s annual community day and monitor
- Mange the centre display cases in liaison with the centre marketing team
- Take the centre lead on any centre participation on retail apprenticeships
- Manage the Retailer Awards
- Manage the Commercialisation account with the external booking agents and ensure high standards of presentation and merchandising at all times
- Manage the centre remote storage requirements
EXPERIENCE KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFIICATIONS
- Retail Management qualification (NVQ/City & Guilds/etc)
- Must have a solid background in different levels of retail management across a variety of categories
- Must be confident with extensive retail data analysis and trends
- IT Literate
- Maths and English GCSE/ O’Level or equivalent
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- A good communicator to a variety of audiences
- Autonomous approach to workload and self-motivating
- Strong organisational skills – an ability to work without close supervision and prioritise
- The confidence to establish a dialogue with anyone internal or external to the business
- Strong customer relations skills and an ability to integrate with a diverse and changing environment
- Ability to positively interact with key stake holders.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work on own initiative, to listen and willingness to learn.
- Ability to demonstrate utmost discretion when dealing with all sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task in a fast moving environment
To apply, please visit; Careers (myworkdayjobs.com)