STOCKROOM ASSISTANT Full time Position
General Manager and Deputy Manager
• To support the management team with security to minimise stock loss and action plans accordingly.
• To be actively involved in the Sale preparation process.
• To ensure an effective replenishment that complies with the company
• Responsible for the stockrooms organisation (standards, layout,
• Responsible for stockroom devices (PDA’s and iPods, a good 25R
• practices and routine and works alongside with the Commercial team.
• Responsible for planning stockroom initiatives to come up with solutions to
overcome capacity issues. • DELIVERY
• To manage delivery productivity in line with Company targets
• To manage and oversee the complete delivery process across the three
sections and react to unexpected circumstances when necessary.
• To ensure good housekeeping is maintained throughout all areas in the
• To be aware of the risks employees and customers are exposed to and to
be aware of safe work practices and Company procedures to
• overcome them
• To promote work routines and environment to enhance the welfare of the
• To actively communicate, verbal and written, with the General services
team to ensure maintenance issues are reported and incidences reported
• To be responsible for the training of the delivery and stockroom teams
• To participate in performance reviews for employees
• Effective, consistent and regular communication, verbal and written, with
other DYs and GM.
• Drive all aspects of the KPI to meet targets and plan accordingly with the
rest of the management team.
• To ensure team schedules are done to maximise the coverage of all the
sections in the store.
Experience and Qualifications
• Good knowledge of the company, the brand and the store they are applying for
• Experience managing a fast-paced retail operation (for external candidates) or outstanding performance and accomplishment at INDITEX (for internal candidates)
• Passion for people and processes.
• Systematic organised approach to work
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations
• Knows how to drive sales and can provide examples • Team management experience essential.
• Forward planning skills
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Always orientated to meet targets
• Flexibility and problem solving ability
• Has initiative to identify problems and opportunities to be proactive
• Ability to handle pressure and react quickly to situations. Uses initiative to
make timely decisions in challenging conditions and circumstances
• Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
• Tenacious and resilient
• Ability to lead by example, motivate and develop employees
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
Skills and Attitudes
This job description is designed to help you understand your role better and to improve the effectiveness of our recruitment process. It is not an exhaustive list of all the things that you may be required to do and maybe required to take on additional tasks.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to; email@example.com