|5 days out 7 days – Variable shift
|Rate of Pay:
|Full Time / Permanent
|OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect – This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration – This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team! Integrity – This is about being honest, reliable and trustworthy and always delivering on promises. Innovation – This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas and having the confidence to share them. At the same time it’s about embracing change.
Excellence – This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust – This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
Overview of Job Description
ABM Facility Services UK are looking to recruit Cleaning/Waste Operative’s on a full-time permanent basis for a High profile Shopping Centre in Brighton. The successful candidate will need to display the ability to work as part of a team in a physically demanding, fast paced environment that provides janitorial and waste removal services for the client. Our teams consist of ambitious and motivated individuals who contribute to making a fun and friendly working environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working within our great janitorial and waste removal team in a Shopping Centre environment, carrying out duties effectively and efficiently.
- Duties will include the handling of waste generated on site via the approved waste streams,
- Driving scrubber dryer and operating site equipment
- Also may include providing a high janitorial service both internally and externally in welfare areas, such as:
washrooms, break rooms and the canteen, social areas, such as: reception, offices and the locker room and production areas, such as the main production floor.
- The use of both walk-behind and ride-on sweepers and scrubber-dryers, along with other cleaning equipment. Ensuring that all equipment is kept clean, well maintained and in a safe working order.
- Being responsive to any spillages and callouts from the clients on site team.
- Communicate effectively with your team and line manager – we all work together.
- Wear protective clothing (PPE) and comply with Health & Safety legislation and policies.
- The post holder will need to be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team and exhibit great communication skills and be able to confidently communicate with their team members and those of the client.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo full training on all cleaning methods and cleaning equipment.
- Full training will be provided.
- Satisfactory response from Disclosure Board at a basic level and knowledge of health and safety requirements or a willingness to learn.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- An ability to quickly adapt to a very busy operational environment.
- A reliable and flexible approach to work.
- This is an active role that requires you to be physically fit.
- Local candidates
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times.
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment.
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received.
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.