£9.79 an hour
Full Job Description
JOB TITLE: Security Officer
LOCATION: Churchill Square Shopping Centre, Brighton
REPORTING TO: Security Manager
RATE: £9.79 p/h – 42 hours per week in average
SHIFT WORK: 9 to 12 hours shifts as per rota inclusive weekends and bank holidays
OUR VALUES AND BEHAVIOURS
Respect – This means respecting each other, great communication, valuing contributions, respecting
differences and supporting one another.
Collaboration – This is all about teamwork and remembering that we are all working towards the
same goal. It’s also about how we work with our clients and their other suppliers. We are one team!
Integrity – This is about being honest, reliable, and trustworthy and always delivering on promises.
Innovation – This is about striving to always improve, working smarter, coming up with new ideas
and having the confidence to share them. At the same time, it’s about embracing change.
Excellence – This is all about striving to be the very best brand ambassador, exceeding expectations to
build value and give us and our clients a real competitive advantage.
Trust – This is all about being consistent, organised and reliable. It’s also about doing what you say
you are going to do and not promising what you can’t deliver.
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
The SO will ensure exemplary standards of Security and Customer Service are provided to the client and
visitors at the site at all times. The SO is the public face of the Security Team and should act with
professionalism, at all times. A can-do attitude is essential in this highly influential role
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To readily interact with all visitors/tenants within the shopping centre, delivering first class
customer focused service.
- Carry out regular patrols of the shopping centre as detailed in the site Assignment Instructions,
being proactive at all times.
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, courteous and helpful at all times whilst carry out duties to
the highest standard.
- To ensure exemplary standards in personal grooming, strictly adhering to the site uniform
- Continuously look for opportunities to be of assistance to visitors at the shopping centre,
proactively offering assistance wherever opportunities arise.
- To ensure that the site is a safe and non-threatening environment for all visitors/tenants.
- Ensuring all incidents are managed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
REC001 General Job Description V0
- Liaising with site control room proactively reacting to incidents and ensuring colleagues are fully
briefed and supported at all times.
- Ensure any unsecure areas of the site are reported to Control Room immediately and action
taken to resolve.
- To record/log all non-conformances and emergencies with the appropriate control room
- To deal efficiently and effectively with all emergencies ensuring the Centre team are kept fully
informed at all times.
- Intelligent understanding of human behaviour, monitoring, and surveillance of suspect
individuals, logging, and reporting incidents in line with site/company polices.
- Maintain vigilance and highlight/manage unauthorised access by banned individuals.
- Provide assistance to third party contractors/visitors ensuring all site procedures/policies are
- To liaise closely with statutoryauthorities, dealing with incidents and the provision of
- Ensure radio procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all events/incidents are recorded in the SO notebook correctly and notebook policies are
adhered to at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
- Ensure a timely response to all security issues and events.
- Complete all training requirements as requested by line manager.
- Be available to cover at least 1 additional shift per month if requested to cover absence/annual
- Liaise closely with the housekeeping team delivering one service and highlight opportunities in
working as one team.
- Support the Supervisor in conducting regular audits as required.
- N.B – Core tasks are as above, although this list is not exhaustive.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management
- Smart, well-groomed and confident
- High level of customer care awareness
- Telephone skills
- SIA Door Supervisor/Security Guard licence required
- Take ownership of all situations to ensure tasks are completed or escalated when necessary.
- Aim high and achieve.
REC001 General Job Description V0
- In all things and respect to all people.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in
failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this
position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post
holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the
Company to reflect 0063hanges in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Please note that ABM are an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate and welcome all